Within the Strategic objective of the EU with the 2020 horizon lies the aim that entrepreneurial spirit as a key competence that must be integrated into the curriculum and must be attained at the end of compulsory education and maintained and strengthened throughout life.
With this premise, this project aims to enhance pupils’ entrepreneurial competences at a European level. The project combines new methodologies and innovative ways to introduce the entrepreneurial spirit into school curricula with the aim to improve student’s key competences and developing a bigger awareness of Europe, its job market and a European sense of identity.
Our main objectives are:
- To promote the Social and educational value of European Cultural Heritage and its contribution to job creation, economic growth and social cohesion by learning more about the different countries cultural heritage and it direct relation to entrepreneurial opportunities. In collaboration with our partners will give our students the chance to experience it directly and exchanging knowledge, methodology and new solutions to our school communities.
- To support individuals in acquiring and developing basic skills and key competences through the innovative methodologies proposed.
Around 1500 students will be directly involved in our project from the five countries involved: Greece, Romania, Italy, Poland and Spain. The number grows if take in account the school community (parents, teachers,...). In many cases, our students and its families come from backgrounds with difficulties such cultural differences, economic obstacles and educational difficulties, one of the reasons we believe to improve their skills towards new work possibilities is essential.
The activities in this project are focused in understanding and creating cooperatives to develop products based in their cultural heritage realities. through series of carefully structured and planned activities, students will investigate and understand their realities, create the base of a Coop and then a network of European Coops which benefits will be donated to charity NGO of the area and chosen by students. Students will enhance their English skills along with its ICT skills as well as key competences due to the nature of the activities.
Based in Project Based Learning and Cooperative work, apart from giving the scaffolding needed to students and to guide their training, teachers will also learn, teach and apply new strategies and methodologies that will improve their teaching, thus students motivation. Teachers will also be in charge of creating synergies among partners and working within a European network.
INTANGIBLE AND STRATEGIC
- Didactic units adapted to each school context about entrepreneurial learning (digital and physical)
- Step by step guides in how to set up a Coop in the different countries.
INTANGIBLE AND STRATEGIC
- Introduction of innovative methodologies into schools (PBL, Cooperative learning, six thinking hats etc) that promote
- The acquisition of basic skills and key competences. -Introduction of strategies that promote a social media literacy.
- Ιntroduction of strategies that promote innovations in the field of services/ business by highlighting the special natural resources and the particular geomorphological, cultural, historical features of each country in a European framework.
Our dissemination strategies will lead not only to a big impact within our school communities but also a great impact in the area/region where our schools are located since we plan workshops for teachers dissemination events in teacher training universities and to spread our documents through Open Educational Resources platforms along with Erasmus+ Results Platform under Creative Commons licences.
The potential long term benefits of this project are not only the introduction of innovative teaching practices that will improve our students key competences and their motivation towards learning but also their chances to enter the job market in the future. Other long term benefits are the creation of a European teachers’ network that will lead to keep on working at a European level through eTwinning or other Erasmus+ actions.